Open Wide to the Future

I do not end - and do not begin the bookend years the way I have done in the past - not in how I spend my time, not in the rituals I have regularly engaged in - not even in the food I normally make or eat!

All about the year ending and the one beginning is different...

I am aware of profound changes taking place - in my life - in the lives of many dear ones - and in the energy fields that surround us - and so much more...

The latter half of this year witnessed a cleansing for me - of home - of body and spirit - deep changes I did not plan and could not have foreseen...

All of it has resulted in a "lightening" of the load in my life and home - and as I begin this year - I realize it must go even further!

I've detached from so much - and find it so much easier to do so...

Profound insights come to me that significantly alter my perspective - my understanding, and my deep "inner knowing..."


All shall be well...

I dedicated this year to Mary and the Divine Feminine in all its manifestations - and to Mercy - for Pope Francis himself has deemed it the theme for his Holy Year...

I step into the New Year without fanfare - in the quiet - very simply - but with my arms outstretched and my heart open...

And I remember these simple words, by a Jesuit whose writings on spirituality nourished my soul four decades ago. It becomes emblematic of the year that is to come - MY Holy Year!


"Spread your arms wide into the future.
The best is yet to come!"
~ Anthony de Mello, SJ


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Siva and Ultimate Freedom

A Christmas Poem

Rumi - "The Lord is in Me" and "Love Said to Me"